Colour

Friday, March 20, 2009

I hate dreams...well, nightmares really

So, I was woken up this morning at 5:15am from an incredibly disturbing image in a dream. And I have not been able to go back to sleep. I hate that. Not only do I hate the fact that I am downstairs blogging instead of upstairs sleeping. I also hate the image that keeps circling in my head that I cannot get rid of. Creepy, freaking stinking pictures that are seared on my brain...for now at least. I'm sure these images will fade with time...and distractions. But, for now I cannot seem to shake them or the creepy feeling and adrenaline rush i got from being to violently and suddenly woken up.

The irritating thing is that this seems to happen to me so regularly. If I could just turn off my brain at night to be guaranteed a peaceful and complete night of sleep, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I do not seem to be so lucky. Sometimes, I am able to think hard enough about something else that i can distract myself from the image/dream and get back to sleep. Not today it would seem.

Even now as I am writing this I keep seeing it in my mind’s eye. So frustrating. I just want to go back to sleep, you know? In peace. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to keep me from my bed and the rest I so desperately need.

It’s not like I don’t already have enough on my mind, just with life things. I definitely do not need to have disturbing dreams to detract from my rest, too.

So, now I am going to listen to some worship music. That sometimes help to re-center me and distract me enough to get back to sleep. If not, I might just need to nap this afternoon!!

In the meantime, I think I might post some more blogs…

On a total sidenote...I sis get to see Spring's official start at 5:45am...I think I'd rather be sleeping, thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I know how you feel. Dreams can really be disturbing and getting enough sleep is so important. I do dream interpretation on my blog. Drop by.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am married to an amazing man, who is also the love of my life. We have three kids who constantly keep me on my toes! God has richly blessed me and I am grateful for all He does for me.