Colour

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Kindness of a Stranger

So, Nathan has a Valentine's Day party at his preschool this morning. One of the things he received was a shiny red heart-shaped balloon!!! Now, if any of you know my son, you know how much he LOVES balloons. Well, I tried to have him tie the balloon on his wrist (to NO avail), so I had an inkling the balloon might be lost to the sky. Well, we made it to the car, left it there during lunch, and also left it in the car during afternoon preschool.

Then, we drove home after school.

I tried again (to NO avail) to have him let me tie the balloon on his wrist. Well, he was not fully out of the car before a gust of wind blew his nice shiny red heart-shaped balloon right out from his grasp. We said good-bye to the balloon. But, then I noticed that the balloon had been "caught" by a tree about 20 feet from our car. So, I showed it to Nathan and he then proceeded to request that I get the balloon back for him. Oh boy...

Well, it was too high for me to reach by hand, so I went into the house and got a broom. Sadly, no matter how ard I tried to reach for it, I just couldn't get it. Just as I was about to give up, a car stopped in front of the tree and a man asked if he could help me. "Yes!!! That would be great!!" So, he came over and we managed to work with the broom and his height and we disentangled the balloon from the tree, without popping it!!!

So, the kindness of a stranger helped save my son's shiny red heart-shaped balloon from the neighbor's tree. :-)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet! It reminds me of that movie with the red balloon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am married to an amazing man, who is also the love of my life. We have three kids who constantly keep me on my toes! God has richly blessed me and I am grateful for all He does for me.