Colour

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dirt Therapy

How do you deal with life? What are some of the things that you do that give you relief? When things in life get too stressful, how do you cope? I do several things. If time allows, I go to the gym. Working out is one of the best ways for me to decrease my stress level immediately. I love the power of pounding away the worries on the treadmill, or pumping up the weights and working up a great sweat!!

I also write. Writing things out allows me to process the thoughts I am having about whatever is going on in my life at the time. I find it extremely cathartic. It's also fun to look back on things later and reflect on how life changes and see that we can get through things and survive what might have seemed impossible at the time.

One of the best types of therapy for me, though, has to be dirt therapy. Sadly, this type of therapy is only really available in the Spring and Summer. But, I engage in it as often as I can in those months. :-) I LOVE the feeling of getting my hands dirty and digging around in the dirt. There is something so very basic and therapeutic about getting into nature and becoming so close to the earth.

I was able to start engaging in some dirt therapy a couple weeks ago as it FINALLY gotten warm enough here in CO to begin planting flowers. It was WONDERFUL!!! And, I also love maintaining the flowers throughout the summer, as that also qualifies as therapy for me. :-)

Here are some pictures of what I have planted (so far). If time/money allows, I might even add more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am married to an amazing man, who is also the love of my life. We have three kids who constantly keep me on my toes! God has richly blessed me and I am grateful for all He does for me.