Colour

Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks: Year 2

As some of you might remember, I did a month of "Giving Thanks" last November. I want to do it again this year. I need the reminder that there are so very many things in my life to be thankful for. So, I will do my best to keep posting them o here as a reminder of all that is good on my life.

Day 1: I am thankful for a good report from Fraser's heart doctor. Jehovah Rapha!!
Day 2: I am thankful for the right to vote.
Day 3: I am thankful for my husband's brilliant mind. His "knack" for all things tech is an unbelievable blessing to our family (especially when I haven't backed up my computer in over 2 months and he can keep me from having a panic attack that all will be lost!!). I love you, Fraser!! :-)
Day 4: I am thankful for a good report from Nathan's teachers/speech therapist (Parent conferences today). I cannot begin to express my appreciation for how much work they have put into my child and the vast improvements it has made in our lives. Praise God for teachers!!!
Day 5: I am thankful for the beauty of God's creation. What a glorious day here in Colorado!!!
Day 6: I am thankful for a husband who wants to spend time with our son. There is nothing more powerful in a boy's life than a Godly man to lead him and I am so grateful Fraser wants to do that. Nathan is in good hands. :-)
Day 7: I am thankful for a church family to worship with every week and a Pastor that is not afraid to talk about the "hard" issues.
Day 8: I am thankful for the power of the Holy Spirit, and the work He is doing in my heart right now.
Day 9: I am thankful for MOPS and the wonderful women I have met and befriended through that organization. Love you gals!!!
Day 10: I am thankful for my fabulous siblings!! My twin sister, Sarah; Carolyn; Rebekah Urbanek; and David Berg. Y'all make my life so much fun and I am so blessed by each of you.
Day 11: I am thankful for the sacrifices our military and their families have made. Without you, our country would not be the land of the free!! Thank you!!!
Day 12: I am thankful for friendships that have spanned over the years (some even DECADES, gulp!!). :-)
Day 13: I am thankful for my nieces and nephew. What a joy to have each of you in my life! Aunt Liz loves you!! :-)
Day 14: I am thankful for my wonderful son, Nathan. It is so fun to watch him grow up and he brings me such joy in my life. :-)
Day 15: I am thankful for a safe car to drive in the snow, rain, etc.
Day 16: I am thankful for sore muscles from great work-outs. :-)
Day 17: I am thankful for the blessings of food, clothing and shelter. Especially with winter just around the corner.
Day 18: I am thankful for the time I spent at Texas A&M. I met some amazing people there and I am proud to be an Aggie. Whoop!!
Day 19: I am thankful for fun times with friends. Thanks Kate Vogler for letting us join you and Molly on the train and at the Holiday Festival. Great times!! Can't wait to set up the tree. :-)
Day 20: I am thankful for my church ( Denver United Church) that organized a service project where we were able to distribute over 300 Thanksgiving Day meals for the impoverished in our city. What a privilege to teach my 4-year old about feeding the hungry, one of Jesus' final commands.
Day 21: I am thankful to have found a "lost" coat over at my Scottish Mummy's house. Been missing nearly a year, and I was about to give up.
Day 22: I am thankful for the (FREE) Public Library System and all the books and movies we have enjoyed through it.
Day 23: I am thankful for our numerous "modern conveniences" like dishwashers, ovens, washing machines/dryers. I was definitely born in the right century!!
Day 24: I am thankful for a God who answers prayers. Granted, they may not always be answered the way I hope, but He DOES answer them. How amazing to have a God who is near me and cares about EVERYTHING in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am married to an amazing man, who is also the love of my life. We have three kids who constantly keep me on my toes! God has richly blessed me and I am grateful for all He does for me.