Colour

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer of Pinterest (SOP), weeks 1&2

Our summer technically started the week after Memorial Day, so we are a couple weeks in already.

Here are some of things I have tried so far...

This link takes you to a blog where I got one of my first ideas.

http://www.littlebrickranch.com/2011/04/what-is-wet-pink-and-gross-all-over.html

In the middle of the page, you will see a section that talks about how to add citrus peels to vinegar. This is what I did. I've actually done it before and I LOVE it. I am really trying to go more natural in my cleaning and I have been quite amazed at what vinegar can do!! However, the smell ain't great. I've added lemon peel to mine and it really does help cut the stink of the vinegar down. PLUS, lemon is also another great cleaner, so you are adding more cleaning power to the vinegar which is like a double bonus!!

It does work best if you let it soak for a good two weeks (I might even try it longer this time with one of my jars (I had enough peels to fill two jars this time)). An additional bonus to this "project" is that I make homemade lemonade with the juice from the lemons (Yum!!). I bet you can also do fresh-squeezed orange juice if you'd rather have orange-scented vinegar spray.

If you're interested in the deliciously awesome lemonade recipe I use, check it out here:

http://www.marthastewart.com/267239/classic-lemonade

So, project #1 comes VERY highly recommended.

Another "pinspiration" I have put together is a weekly cleaning list. I don't know about you, but I find it very easy to get overwhelmed with thinking about cleaning my whole house and found that all to often I just give up and nothing actually gets cleaned. This has been especially true since our move and I was pregnant and already taking care of two other kids. Let's just say our house has been a bit under cleaned.

So, I decided to look around for cleaning schedules to try and get me cleaning again. I was hoping to find a template where I could tweak a list and personalize it to my home/family, but that doesn't seem to exist. Instead, I looked at some of the templates that are out there and then created my own specifically for our house and have started working off it.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I am no where near perfect in following it (yet, or maybe ever! lol), but it has definitely been a great help in reducing the feeling of being overwhelmed by the volume of cleaning that needs to get done. With this schedule, all the major things will get done once a week, which is frankly way better than what it has been!!

Here are some links to some weekly house-cleaning templates: 

http://time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/2010/09/home-maintenance-schedule.html

http://askannamoseley.com/2012/01/day-14-get-on-a-cleaning-schedule-free-printable/

http://time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/search/label/Printables (you have to scroll down a bit to get to this list)

So, even though this particular item is still a work in progress, I still highly recommend making a weekly cleaning schedule to help stay on top of your household chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am married to an amazing man, who is also the love of my life. We have three kids who constantly keep me on my toes! God has richly blessed me and I am grateful for all He does for me.